T he present Miles-Odum Funeral Home operation had its beginning in Waycross, Georgia, in June 1955, when John L. Miles, Jr. purchased the Hinson Funeral Home. Robert L. Odum later joined John L. Miles, Jr. as a partner in April 1958. The business continued to be operated in the old Hinson Funeral Home location until November 1961. It was at that time Mr. Miles and Mr. Odum purchased a corner lot in another location and began to make preparations for construction of a new funeral home. Construction was completed in the fall, and the formal opening of the new Miles-Odum Funeral Home in Waycross was held on November 18-19, 1961. John Odum Hereford, now President, Robert L. Odum, Vice-President, and Jonathan G. Roundtree, Secretary and Treasurer, continue to own and operate the funeral home in day to day operations.